Who Knows the Status of Duke Energy Indiana (DEI) Solar RFP?
Does anyone remember that Duke Energy Indiana (DEI) issued a solar RFP earlier this year? See http://www.indianadg.net/duke-energy-indiana-seeks-proposals-for-solar-energy-indianadg-helped-with-draft-rfp/
Just in case you forgot the details:
Duke Energy Indiana, Inc. (Duke Energy Indiana) is interested in purchasing energy, capacity, and renewable energy certificates from a new or existing solar generating facility or facilities totaling up to 5 MW (AC). The solar resources will be utilized to further develop Duke Energy Indiana’s renewables portfolio and diversify the resource mix.
Duke Energy Indiana is soliciting proposals with the following characteristics:
- Minimum size of 1 MW (AC) with a maximum size of 5 MW (AC) per proposal. Solar sites may be aggregated to meet the minimum proposal size by combining individual projects with a minimum size of 250 kW (AC) or greater per site.
- Projects must be capable of providing energy as quickly as feasible after Duke Energy Indiana receives regulatory approval with a preference for projects to be in-service no later than 12/31/15.
- Contract term of all proposals must be 20 years
- Proposals must include energy, capacity, and renewable energy certificates, “RECs” (inclusive of all environmental attributes and reporting rights).
- Preference for projects located in Duke Energy Indiana’s service territory.
- Solar projects may originate from either new (to be developed) or existing facilities that are not currently under contract with Duke Energy Indiana.
- The respondent must be financially stable and have good credit.
This RFP is not open to offers of tax equity partnerships, net metering, energy efficiency, demand side management, affiliate company proposals, acquisitions, REC-Only proposals, or use of Duke Energy Indiana property for the siting of facilities.
Duke Energy Indiana Solar RFP
- Release of RFP: 02/02/14
- Proposal Submittal Date: 03/28/14
- Selection of Short List: 07/18/14
- Complete Negotiations: 10/17/14
IndianaDG wants to know:
- Did you submit a proposal to the Duke Energy Indiana RFP?
- Are you on the Short List?
Email me Laura.Arnold@IndianaDG.net or call (317) 635-1701.
HelioSage Energy, a national developer of utility scale solar projects, has announced the sale of a 40 megawatt AC (MW) solar PV project to Duke Energy (NYSE: DUK), the largest electric holding power company in the United States.
The project, known as the Elm City Solar Facility, is presently under development in Elm City, North Carolina. When commissioned, it will be one of the largest solar PV facilities east of the Mississippi and will be owned and operated by Duke Energy.
The project was originally developed by HelioSage Energy, who later partnered with First Solar, Inc. (NASDAQ: FSLR), a global leader in photovoltaic (PV) thin film solar module manufacturing and a provider of PV power plant services, to respond to a competitive RFP issued by Duke Energy in February of 2014. First Solar will provide approximately 500,000 FS Series 4 PV modules as well as provide construction management once the project is underway.
"Collaboration and hard work made this groundbreaking project possible," said Matt Hantzmon, HelioSage COO. "We tip our hat to our project partners First Solar and Duke Energy - as well as the community in Elm City and Wilson County - in recognition of this shared achievement together."
"First Solar is proud to partner with HelioSage on this project for Duke Energy," said Roger Bredder, First Solar's Managing Director of Business Development for the Southeastern United States. "The US Southeast is a strategic priority for us, and the Elm City project represents a significant collaboration with major industry stakeholders to meet the needs of regional consumers."
The 40 MW facility is expected to generate an estimated 82 million kilowatt-hours annually - enough energy to power approximately 6,800 average North Carolina homes a year.
For further information on this announcement, please contact HelioSage email@example.com.
About HelioSage Energy. HelioSage Energy is a solar energy development firm with a national pipeline including more than 300 megawatts of executed Power Purchase Agreements. The principals of HelioSage have developed and financed 580 megawatts of renewable energy facilities, representing over $1 billion USD in invested capital. For more information about HelioSage, please visit www.heliosage.com.
About First Solar. First Solar is a leading global provider of comprehensive photovoltaic (PV) solar systems which use its advanced module and system technology. The company's integrated power plant solutions deliver an economically attractive alternative to fossil-fuel electricity generation today. From raw material sourcing through end-of-life module recycling, First Solar's renewable energy systems protect and enhance the environment. For more information about First Solar, please visitwww.firstsolar.com.
Media contact: Daniel Van Clief, 1-434-442-4638, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE HelioSage Energy