IPL has a long history of providing energy efficiency programs, resources and education
June 2, 2014
Indianapolis – Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL) announced today the utility has filed its 2015-2016 Demand Side Management and Energy Efficiency plan with the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC).
IPL has a long history of implementing and delivering cost–effective Demand Side Management and Energy Efficiency programs for its customers. Energy efficiency is an important element of IPL’s overall resource plan and will allow for deferred capacity needs, reduced energy costs and the opportunity for customers to have more control over their energy usage and costs.
IPL is seeking approval to continue to offer the following programs for residential customers:
- Residential Lighting: Offers point of purchase rebates for certain high efficiency lighting products such as LED and CFL bulbs.
- Residential Income Qualified Weatherization: Provides energy audits, including the installation of energy-saving measures and weatherization improvements for income-qualified customers.
- Residential Air Conditioning Load Management: Pays incentives to customers who allow IPL to manage their air conditioner energy use during critical times in the summer months.
- Home Energy Assessment: Provides walk-through energy assessments including the installation of energy saving measures and recommendations for improving a home’s energy efficiency.
- Multi Family Direct Install: Offers the direct installation of a variety of energy efficiency measures in multi-family housing units.
- School Energy Efficiency Education: Informs and educates elementary aged students by providing them a take-home energy efficiency kit.
- Online Energy Assessment: Residential customers can use this online energy assessment tool that includes delivery of an energy efficiency kit.
- Residential Appliance Recycling: Provides incentives to homeowners to recycle older, less efficient refrigerators, freezers and window AC units.
- Residential Peer Comparison Reports: Informs customers about their household’s energy use, including a comparison to similar homes in their area.
If the current plan is approved, these programs as well as a number of offerings for Commercial and Industrial customers will begin on January 1, 2015.
Complete details on IPL’s current energy efficiency programs for residential and business customers, called Power ToolsSM, can be found at IPLpower.com/PowerTools. Current IPL energy efficiency programs, as well as those offered by Energizing Indiana, will continue through Dec. 31, 2014.
About Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL): Indianapolis Power & Light Company provides retail electric service to more than 470,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. For more information about the company, please visit www.IPLpower.com or connect with us at www.twitter.com/IPLpower,www.facebook.com/IPLpower or www.linkedin.com/company/IPLpower.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company